Before booking lessons please make sure you fully read and understand the terms and conditions.
1. The Instructor will provide driving instruction for the pupil at the agreed rates and times. The cost of driving lessons will have been clearly explained upon first contact and again at the beginning of the first lesson.
2. The Instructor will behave in a professional manner towards clients at all times. The instructor will avoid physical contact with a client except in an emergency or in the normal course of greeting. Whilst reserving the right to decide against giving tuition, the instructor will not act in any manner which contravenes legislation on discrimination or the Driving and vehicle Standards Agency (D.V.S.A.) Code of Practice for Approved Driving Instructors.
3. All bookings are made on the understanding that the School is not responsible for the postponement of training due to traffic conditions, adverse weather conditions, illness or mechanical breakdown. The Driving School cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred as a result of the postponement of any lessons, for whatever reason.
4. Any pupil may be refused a driving lesson if the Instructor has reason to believe that the pupil is under the influence of alcohol or drugs and the lesson will still be charged for at the full amount.
5. The Instructor may refuse to carry on giving a pupil driving lessons without notice if the Instructor is not satisfied with a pupil’s conduct or commitment throughout the lessons. A pupil may be refused entry into the driving school vehicle if they are wearing soiled clothing or muddy work boots and the lesson will still be charged for at the full amount.
6. The Instructor will advise clients when to apply for their theory and practical driving tests. The instructor will not cancel or re-arrange a driving test without the client’s agreement. When presenting a client for the practical driving test, the instructor will ensure that the client has all the necessary documentation to enable the client to take the test and that the vehicle is road worthy.
7. If a pupil has entered for a driving test and does not keep up to date with their lessons prior to the test, or if in the opinion of the Instructor the pupil is not safe to proceed with the test, the Instructor reserves the right to refuse the use of the tuition vehicle for the driving test. In which case the Instructor will not be liable for any loss of test fees.
8. Provided the pupil is in possession of a valid driving license and is accompanied by, or under the direction of a Driving Standards Agency A.D.I / P.D.I or approved DSA Examiner, the driving school cars are fully insured for tuition and driving tests.
9. The instructor will check a client’s entitlement to drive the vehicle and their ability to read a number plate at the statutory distance of 20.5 metres with the use of glasses or contact lenses if appropriate on the first lesson.
10. The instructor will make every effort to train you to the highest standard but can in no way be held liable for any errors you commit whilst driving and unaccompanied by your instructor either before, during or after a test pass.
11. The pupil will ensure that they hold the appropriate valid licence to drive the tuition vehicle.
12. Pupils must advise their instructor of any medication or prescription drugs they are taking that may affect their ability to drive safely before taking any lesson booked.
13. If a pupil is required to wear glasses or contact lenses whilst driving and he/she fails to wear them on a driving lesson, then the lesson will be cancelled with full charge to the pupil or parents.
14. The pupil will give the Instructor a minimum of 48 hours notice to cancel or change a lesson for no charge to occur, otherwise the lesson fee will be payable. If you fail to turn up for an appointment (Your instructor will wait at the agreed pickup point for 10 minutes only) and no cancellation notice was provided by you to the Instructor before the start of the lesson then the full charge of the lesson will be payable. If any lessons paid for in advance or with vouchers are cancelled within 48 hours, then the full amount of a lesson will be charged.
15. At the instructor’s discretion, any pupil who cancels lessons on three or more consecutive occasions may lose any future allocated time slots. This does not apply to any pre-arranged holiday cancellations or postponements.
16. The instructor must be notified of the date and time of a driving test self booked by the pupil at least 10 working days before the test date.
17. Refunds for block bookings are only given in expectional circumstances and are at the discretion of your driving instructor.